Friday, February 10, 2012

Updates on Advenutres

Well, for those of you that know me, know that I sometimes get behind on my updates on Facebook and getting back to people on email... seems the same can be said for blogs.  Oops!  What can I say?? I've been very very busy, enjoying every minute of this adventure.

Last time I did a big update, was on my way up the coast...


I was in a small town called, Woolgoolga, just north of Coffs Harbour.  I couldn't find a room for under $150 in Coffs Harbour so I looked just outside of it and found this amazing little spot.  The people were friendly, hotel was clean with air conditioning, and the fish and chips was awesome!


After Woolgoolga, I headed up the coast to Brisbane to see my Aunt and Uncle who live there.  I was last there 8 years ago and couldn't wait to see them again!  The week was a wine and food feast!  It did rain a lot but honestly, I was just there for family time and not sightseeing, so I wasn't worried about the weather.  We enjoyed a lazy week because of the rain and spent time shopping, touring around, eating, drinking and repeat  :)  We had some wonderful visitors during our meals...




From Brisbane, I headed out on the long journey between there and Coonamble.  It was a 9 hour drive but the scenery was amazing and it was well worth it because I got to meet my exchange partner's parents who live there.  Wonderful people, wonderful hospitality!


Setting out on that adventure, was the best thing I could have done upon arriving in Australia.  I was able to overcome one of my biggest fears for the year and it just set the right tone for the days to follow. Coming back to Dubbo, I was happy to be coming back here, to my Aussie home.  I was excited to see my new friends and to continue enjoying Dubbo.  Since we talked last, that's exactly what I've been doing.

It was an amazing adventure, all 2,200km of it, and I look forward to many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment