Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Love, Actually

Leaving Calgary airport the other day, with my family sharing hugs and tears, I thought back to the movie Love, Actually. At the start of the movie, Hugh Grant is narrating a scene at London Heathrow airport. He said (not verbatim) that all you need to do is spend a few minutes at the arrival gate, watching the people arriving and the people greeting them, to know that love, actually, is all around. Today, as I said a very difficult goodbye to Mom, Dad, and the Weavers, I thought that even at the departure gate, you can see that love, actually, is all around. People's true, genuine emotions are most often what you see in airports, whether it's the frustration in the passenger whose luggage is way too heavy to meet regulations (we will talk about the lessons learned there in another post), the happiness in the family returning home together, the pure joy of a dad chasing his little boy around while waiting to board the plane, and the sadness of a daughter/sister/auntie leaving for an amazing adventure. No matter where you are tonight, look around to see the genuine emotions all around you, take in the honesty of it all and be sure to tell those closest to you how much you care about them. Remember that love, actually, is all around us, sometimes we just need a reminder to appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. I love that movie and since watching it I always love airports to see the love all around us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blogs. Sounds like a wicked start to your wonderful year ahead. I am so excited to read about your adventures. Who know a woman of my age could learn something so amazing like blogging (feel like I should have big shoes on and clicking them together). Chat soon Steph xoxo

    ReplyDelete